Redeemer Church exists to pursue the glory of God and the joy of all people through worship, fellowship, discipleship and mission. The buildings of Redeemer Church are gifts from God given to the members to steward and use to accomplish this purpose. Therefore, we must take care of the buildings and use them wisely.
Building Use Policy
August 8, 2016
Members of Redeemer Church may reserve the building for activities such as parties, showers, meetings, and receptions as long as there is no fundraising associated with or charge to get into the event. The person responsible will complete our “Reservation Agreement” at least two weeks prior to the event and submit to one of the shepherds. Once approved, that person will secure and return the key, oversee the set-up, clean-up and care of the facility. That person will also ensure that the group abides by the rules and policies of Redeemer Church. Recurring meetings on a weekly or monthly basis except for church-sanctioned ministries (i.e. Worship, BUILD, Bible study, discipleship) are not allowed.
Non-members may request the use of the building but these events will need the approval of the shepherds. Fees could apply in certain situations.
Redeemer Church Building Fees
Members of Redeemer Church may use the building at no charge. In order to ensure that the building is clean and free of damage there is a $100 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT to be made at the time of the reservation. The deposit will be returned once the venue is inspected and the key is returned. The deposit must be paid to “Redeemer Church” and given to a deacon prior to the confirmation of your reservation. Should the venue need cleaning or repair the responsible party would need to cover any and all damages or loss that exceed the deposit. Once the deposit is paid, the requested activity will be confirmed by the shepherds and placed on the church calendar.
Events associated with weddings are treated separately (requiring a possible cleaning charge) and do not fall under this policy.
Redeemer Church Building Rules
- Church activities will take priority over any other event.
- Scheduling will be arranged on a “first-come, first-serve” basis.
- Two events will not be scheduled on the same day, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Neither smoking nor alcoholic beverages (except communion) are permitted on church grounds.
- No one may conduct a profit-making or fundraising event in the buildings. Church sponsored ministries that offer resources for the edification of the church body may be allowed at the discretion of the elders. Any charges, fees, sales, etc. must be approved before the event.
- No taping or tacking to the walls is permitted.
- All rooms that are used must be left clean. Take trash to dumpster, clean tables, chairs, and floors. Take home personal supplies and leave building in order.
- Do not slide or drag equipment across the floor.
- Do not run or play roughly inside the building.
- Do not take equipment or furniture outside the building.
- Outside cooking requires approval.
- Do not leave food from the event in the refrigerator, on counter, or in the cabinets.
- All events not church-sponsored must provide their own paper products (napkins, plates, bowls, cups, and tableware).
- Children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the kitchen (unless given prior authorization).